With the impending fourth of July holiday coming up, I thought that I would post a brief tutorial on shooting fireworks. Everyone wants to capture the fireworks on film, but there are a few things you can do if your camera allows that will make it really easy.
1. Put camera in Manual mode
2. Use a lens in the 200mm range (Not a hard rule. You can use whatever lens you like)
3. Use a tripod
4. Set f/stop to f/11 (Not set in stone, just a starting point)
5. Set shutter speed to 3 or 4 seconds
6. Use cable release (Watch the trajectory of the firework and open when ready)
That is basically the formula and a good starting point. You can tweak the settings as needed, but this should produce some great firework photographs that you can share.